Software Development and Entrepreneurship
|Nominal duration||3 years (180 ECTS)|
|Awards||(Bachelor in Software Development and Entrepreneurship)|
|Tuition fee||€4,820.00 per year|
High school / higher secondary education
The grade in every subject on your higher secondary education diploma must be above 50% of the maximum.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
IELTS 5.5, or equivalent
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Applicants who meet the admission requirements will be invited for an interview and an online test.
Software Development and Entrepreneurship focuses on the development of IT skills which are need in the current growing market: software development, design and teamwork skills.
Beside strengthening your IT skills, the program will enhance business skills, making you capable of building a new software company or startup in Estonia or anywhere in the world. In particular, the program will focus on:
- Programming (Java, HTML, CSS, SQL)
- Information systems’ analysis and design
- Software development processes
- Software testing
- Business process automation
- Web and mobile applications
- Entrepreneurship and communication psychology
- Projects and internships, your portfolio
The program has been put together and is being taught with Estonia’s leading software companies such as Columbus Estonia, Ericsson Estonia and Playtech.
The study program in Software Development and Entrepreneurship is divided into software studies and entrepreneurship specialization, with IT and management courses.
Entrepreneurship module (15 ECTS CREDIT)
- Entrepreneurship module (15 ECTS)
Basic courses module (15 ECTS CREDIT)
- Self-management in university (4 ECTS)
- Cooperation models (2 ECTS)
- Communication psychology (5 ECTS)
- Estonian language and culture (4 ECTS)
IT project management module (15 ECTS CREDIT)
- Software product and service management (4 ECTS)
- Accounting and budgeting (4 ECTS)
- Business process modelling and automation (4 ECTS)
- Application management (3 ECTS)
Mathematics and research methodology module (30 ECTS CREDIT)
- Social and ethical issues in IT (2 ECTS)
- Academic writing and self-expression (3 ECTS)
- Data analysis (5 ECTS)
- Algorithms and data structures (5 ECTS)
- Linear algebra (5 ECTS)
- Discreet mathematics and logic (5 ECTS)
- Research methods (5 ECTS)
Software development and entrepreneurship specialisation module (65 ECTS CREDIT)
- Computer software monitoring (2 ECTS)
- Computers and networks (2 ECTS)
- Operation systems and maintenance (3 ECTS)
- Software development processes (5 ECTS)
- Basics of computer programming (5 ECTS)
- Object oriented programming (5 ECTS)
- Data security (4 ECTS)
- Analysis and engineering of information systems (4 ECTS)
- Prototyping of user interface (3 ECTS)
- Databases (4 ECTS)
- Web applications (5 ECTS)
- Mobile applications (5 ECTS)
- Software testing (4 ECTS)
- Advanced programming course (4 ECTS)
- Electives (10 ECTS)
Final thesis and internship (40 ECTS CREDIT)
- Software development team project (5 ECTS)
- Software development project (10 ECTS)
- Final paper (10 ECTS)
- Speciality practice (15 ECTS)
As a graduate, there are many positions from which you can begin your career. Some include:
- software designer
- software developer
- software engineer
- sales manager
- computer system manager