|Nominal duration||4 years (240 ECTS)|
|Awards||BEng (Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Automation Engineering)|
|Tuition fee||€8,700.00 per year|
High school / higher secondary education
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Finnish / Swedish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The translations need to be signed and stamped by an authorized translator.
It is required that you send verified copies of the entry qualification documents directly to the university by postal mail. Important! Never send original documents by post!
You don’t need to submit any English language tests since your English proficiency will be measured in the online entrance exam.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will be invited for an online entrance exam.
You can also apply with a SAT test with a minimum score of 400 from Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and 400 from Mathematics. If you submit an SAT test result, you don’t need to participate in the entrance exam.
The degree program in Electrical and Automation Engineering is focused on electrical engineering, the automation of production machines and equipment, production facility maintenance, distributed energy production applications and smart controls. The degree program makes use of the possibilities of new technology in a practical learning process that contains plenty of doing things by oneself.
Electrical and automation engineers typically work in high technology companies as planners and specialists, and with enough experience, in supervisory roles as well. Their work is most often done in multidisciplinary teams of specialists in an international environment.
The program consists of several areas:
- Basic competence includes metrology, electrical and automation field-related information and software technology, mathematical methods, physics and electronics.
- Design competence includes design processes, methods and tools, simulation methods, equipment and component dimensioning and selection, documentation, application of standards, quality systems and lifecycle approaches.
- Electrical and equipment safety competence includes the central acts, regulations and standards that govern electrical and equipment safety.
- Business administration and industrial management competence includes project operations, management, entrepreneurship, marketing and maintenance.
- Application competence includes electrical and electric power systems, building automation, process automation, production automation, robotics, machine vision and the application of technology in new application areas.
- Process, equipment and system competence includes the most important electric power production methods such as equipment, the most common production processes and machines, the sensors, transmitters and devices used in said processes and devices, as well as control and adjustment systems
Engineers specialized in electrical and automation engineering have the competence required for designing electrification and automation for smart buildings and industrial production equipment. The engineers are able to make use of their education in applying electrical and automation engineering to different application areas, such as lighting, traffic and lift controls as well as robotics.